Kisan Bapat Baburao Hazare popularly known as Anna Hazare is the talk of the nation these days.He has took a great task in his hand that is to remove corruption from the country. Some of us may think him to be crazy and no one will blame us but believe it or not he is surely a silver line in the dark clouds engulfing India’s future. He has took the road which was paved by Gandhi a number of years ago. Considering the impact of Gandhi’s movements on the British, we should be more than hopeful for Anna’s success. The time for the movement is just perfect as people in several countries of the world are taking part in the revolutions against corruption and mis- management. Much water has flowed through the Ganges since Gandhi was fighting for freedom with limited sources. These days media, internet and telecommunication has changed the whole scenario. Now Anna is double powerful than his icon and the fire set by him is spreading in all directions with the passage of time.
BACKGROUND OF THE MOVEMENT
The movement started due to the resentment because of the serious differences between the draft Lokpal Bill 2010 prepared by the government and the Jan Lokpal Bill prepared by the members of this movement.
DRAFT LOKPAL BILL 2010
1. Lokpal will have no power to initiate suo moto action or receive complaints of corruption from the general public. It can only probe complaints forwarded by Lok Sabha Speaker or Rajya Sabha Chairman.
2. Lokpal will only be an Advisory Body. Its part is only limited to forwarding its report to the ‘Competent Authority’.
3. Lokpal will not have any police powers. It cant register FIRs or proceed with criminal investigations.
4. CBI and Lokpal will have no connection with each other.
5. Punishment for corruption will minimum 6 months and maximum upto 7 years.
JAN LOKPAL BILL
1. Lokpal will have powers to iniate suo moto action or receive complaints of corruption from the general public.
2. Lok pal will be much more than an Advisory Body. It should be granted powers to initiate Procecution against anyone found guilty.
3. Lokpal will have police powers.To say that will be able to register FIRs.
4. Lokpal and anticorruption wing of CBI will be one independent body.
5. The punishment should be minimum 5 years and maximum up to life-imprisonment.
6. Lokpal will not be a monopoly for particular area.
A 71 years old man is doing what the youth of India should have done long ago. Now this is upto the people of India to shoulder the responsibility.
- ANY and EVERY
- 6. LAXMI BAI - THE BRAVE RANI OF JHANSI
- 5 SHIVAJI - THE BRAVE MARATHA
- 4. MAHARANA PRATAP SINGH - THE LION OF MEWAR
- 3.Mrs. INDIRA GANDHI -THE FIRST LADY PRIME MINISTE...
- SATYA SAI BABA
- 2 MR.LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI - A NATIONAL HERO
- 1.DR. SARVAPALLI RADHAKRISHNAN - A GREAT INDIAN SC...
- 4. DR. AMARTYA KUMAR SEN - THE FIRST INDIAN NOBEL...
- 3. MOTHER TERESA -THE EMBODIMENT OF COMPASSION
- 2. SIR C.V. RAMAN - THE GREAT SCIENTIST
- 1. RABINDRANATH TAGORE - THE GREAT POET AND EDUCAT...
- 5. ADMINISTRATIVE SET-UP AT THE CENTRE TO RUN THE...
- 4. FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE PARLIAMENT
- ANNA HAZARE – GANDHI IN DISGUISE
- 3. THE UNION EXECUTIVE
- ▼ April (16)