Satya Sai Baba is no more. After fighting hard for a long time with death, he finally surrendered. Born as Satyanarayna Raju ,on 23 November,1926 at Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh, he was a miraculous man. As a child he was described as ‘unusually intelligent’ and charitable. He was exceptionally talented in drama, music, dance and writing and was an avid composer of poems and plays.
On 23 May 1940, Sathya called household members and materialized sugar candy and other items from thin air. His father became furious and thinking his son was bewitched, took a stick and asked him who he was.To this Satya announced calmly and firmly” I am Sai Baba- a saint who became famous in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century in Maharashtra, and who had died eight years before Satya was born.
Later this year Satya Sai Baba declared that he had no worldly relationship with anyone around this time devotees began to gather to him. In 1944, a temple for the devotees was built near the village . The construction of Prashanthi Nilayam, the current ashram, began in 1948 and after two years, was completed in 1950.
In 1963, Satya Sai Baba suffered four severe heart attacks.In 1968 , he made his first and only trip overseas , to Uganda.
Satya Sai Baba devoted his life for the good of the poor people. In March 1995, he started the water project to provide drinking water to 1.2 million people in the drought prone Rayalaseema region in Anantpur. In 2001 he established another free Super Speciality Hospital in Bangalore to benefit the poor.
May his soul rest in peace!
- ANY and EVERY
- 6. LAXMI BAI - THE BRAVE RANI OF JHANSI
- 5 SHIVAJI - THE BRAVE MARATHA
- 4. MAHARANA PRATAP SINGH - THE LION OF MEWAR
- 3.Mrs. INDIRA GANDHI -THE FIRST LADY PRIME MINISTE...
- SATYA SAI BABA
- 2 MR.LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI - A NATIONAL HERO
- 1.DR. SARVAPALLI RADHAKRISHNAN - A GREAT INDIAN SC...
- 4. DR. AMARTYA KUMAR SEN - THE FIRST INDIAN NOBEL...
- 3. MOTHER TERESA -THE EMBODIMENT OF COMPASSION
- 2. SIR C.V. RAMAN - THE GREAT SCIENTIST
- 1. RABINDRANATH TAGORE - THE GREAT POET AND EDUCAT...
- 5. ADMINISTRATIVE SET-UP AT THE CENTRE TO RUN THE...
- 4. FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE PARLIAMENT
- ANNA HAZARE – GANDHI IN DISGUISE
- 3. THE UNION EXECUTIVE
- ▼ April (16)